Effective Yoga Tips To Improve Your Flexibility
Yoga is the most important Part of the exercise. Yoga has many different types like: Maha Yoga, Bikram Yoga , Power Yoga latest video etc. Do your bones and muscles feel stiff at times? Do you feel fatigued and unable to stretch or go about your everyday chores? If your answer is a yes, it may mean that you need to get more flexible. A lack of exercise can make your joints stiff.
Yoga has been a popular exercise routine since ages. It has various health benefits. Moreover, yoga provides instant gratification and is good for alleviating anxiety and stress. All these aspects hold great importance in the world of fitness.
1. Uttanasana (Standing Forward Bend)
2. Agnistambhasana (Double Pigeon Pose)
Tips To Increase Flexibility
Lactic acid deposits are the cause of muscular fatigue. Yoga asanas for stretching help release this lactic acid into the bloodstream from the muscles. This makes muscular contraction easier. While performing yoga for flexibility, keep certain tips in mind to prevent injuries.
- Do not try to stretch the body excessively. It may cause internal injuries associated with yoga.
- Begin with a basic yoga sequence. Try asanas that are easy to do. Once you get used to the sequence after doing yoga for about 3-4 weeks, your body would be prepared for asanas associated with flexibility.
- Increase the number of repetitions for any stretching yoga asana. Go slow with the movements. Concentrate on the target muscle while doing movement or performing the asana.
- Warm up before any exercise is crucial. Before you start stretching poses or yoga asanas,make sure you warm up for about 5-10 minutes. It makes it easier for muscles, ligaments and tendons to stretch during the movements. More importantly, stretching of cold muscles can be a cause for injury.
- Flexibility improves with the regular practice of asanas. To get desired and noteworthy results, make sure you practice yoga asanas for about 7-8 weeks.
Have you ever tried yoga for flexibility and strength improvement? How has it helped you? Share with us by commenting below.